Injection pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Injection pain

I have been on Avonex for almost 3 months. When I started I titrated with the regular needle. The 1st two shots were painless. The next two hurt a lot. I wasn't worried about it though because I was going to start the Avonex pen.

When I started the Avonex pen, I have had the same experience. The first few injections were painless. The last two have been pretty painful. I thought at first that I was injecting too low on my outer thigh but when I went higher, it didn't make any difference.

Has anyone had this experience with the Avonex pen and if so, do you have any tips to help relieve the pain?

Thanks!

I don't have experience with the pen, I just wanted to say that a relaxed muscle that you inject is less painful. Jiggle the area you are injecting and be sure it is loose and relaxed. Also be sure the alcohol is dry for several minutes or you will feel burning. Wait up to five minutes, if I don't wait that long it burns.

Most of my shots are not painful, but sometimes it just surprises you with some unexpected discomfort.

Comment

Working...
    X