Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Avonex Pen

Hello everyone
    My name LaWanda- 51 years old. I've been on Avonex for 10+ years without any problems with MS flare ups besides some fatigue. Now I have started on the Avonex pen about a month ago and I have had two questionable MS attacks. My neurologist says the burning sensation I experience on my right thigh after I take the shot is something other than an actual MS attack. He diagnosed me with Meralgia Parasthetica. Now other the past 48 hours I have lost feeling in my left leg after taking the shot in my left thigh area which has left me both times unable to walk for at least 20-30 seconds then the feeling comes back and I can walk. This is very scary. Has anyone else had anything similar to what I am experiencing after switching from Avonex to Avonex Pen.

Not me, but it's simple enough to check.

Why not order the old needles for one month and see what happens.

Alternatively, I take my shots in the arm. It's not easy, but you could have someone help you with it.

Comment

There is a light at the end of the tunnel

LaWanda,
      I am new to MS.
      I have had 15 Avonex Pen shots so far.
      I only have had chills 2 hours after the last 2+ shots (2 hours after each shot)...then subsides with having had lots of water the day of the shot & CVS extra strength tylenol as well.
      I only feel a little weak in my legs (walkinhg but later the next day I return to walking (with a a mental aid with a cane...not every step of the way)... so a couples of hours of
      discomfort is worth walking.
      I take my shot with pictures of my children and 2 grandchildren next to me for support.

Keep pushing.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Jordan
      Originally posted by lwanda View Post
      Hello everyone
      My name LaWanda- 51 years old. I've been on Avonex for 10+ years without any problems with MS flare ups besides some fatigue. Now I have started on the Avonex pen about a month ago and I have had two questionable MS attacks. My neurologist says the burning sensation I experience on my right thigh after I take the shot is something other than an actual MS attack. He diagnosed me with Meralgia Parasthetica. Now other the past 48 hours I have lost feeling in my left leg after taking the shot in my left thigh area which has left me both times unable to walk for at least 20-30 seconds then the feeling comes back and I can walk. This is very scary. Has anyone else had anything similar to what I am experiencing after switching from Avonex to Avonex Pen.

Comment

Working...
      X