avonex and red bloches (sp) on leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

avonex and red bloches (sp) on leg

First, sorry for spelling. Nothing looks right anymore. Anyway, I have gotten 2 isolated skin bumps, one on my right shin and one on my left shin. They are about the size of a quarter and do not itch. Could this be an allergic reaction to Avonex? I have been on Avonex for 2 1/2 months. Thanks

Doubtful, those places should not be near approved injection sites.
    Diagnosed 9/2010, copaxone 10/10, avonex 10/12

Comment

Question: Are they where you injected? It's certainly possible, I suppose. Also, what kind of needle are you using? Are you using the pen? Is there any possibility it's hitting fat rather than muscle?

This is a good question for your Avonex nurse.

Comment

not near injection site

The injection sites are fine. I just have these rather large raised red spots/bloches on my shins. I have never seen these before so I was curious if they were connected to Avonex. I assume even a stuffy nose is because of Avonex. ha ha. Acually I have had no adverse effects whatsoever. No flu-like symptoms, headaches,...nothing. For that I am very thankful. It is just these darn spots that keep me puzzled.

Thanks for you suggestions. I may call the nurse if these continue.

Comment

Ah,

I just read this more accurately. No, I don't think so either, unless they are where you injected.

Comment

one never knows, but i did avonex 5 yrs and that was one of the few reactions i didn't have.

Big A, ow!!! that wouldn't be torture with a muscle shot!
            i hurt just thinking about it.

you might want to just let dr know, if they don't get better with maybe some ointment or something.

unfortunately, not all our booboos are MS related.

seems like 1 disease at a time should be the rule, but sadly not so.

though MSrs are tougher and can handle it!
            esp. with a lot of help from our friends here!

take care and God bless ya!
            "All things are possible for those who believe." Jesus

Comment

Working...
            X