Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to pre-medicate

OMG!!! I am in so much pain today!!!

I had to see a dermatologist on Monday for a psoriasis type rash I have from (what the doctors think) Avonex. I had a biopsy done and will have the results in two weeks. In the meantime, The derm had to talk with my neuro to decide if I should continue the Avonex while we wait for results. She thought it would be alright to continue.

In the course of waiting for their decision I missed my regular injection night (Wed.), missed the first UPS delivery of my Avonex shipment on Thurs(caught the second attempt in the evening), and then forgot to pre-medicate w/Aleve (boy am I paying for that now).

My body aches terribly like never before, body feels extremely tight, it is so hard to even type because my fingers are stiff, my head and eyes are pounding, and my ears feel clogged. I am not having the best day at all! Just wanted to vent. Thanks.

Take good care.
    "Irrespective of what happened yesterday or last year, and what may or may not happen tomorrow, the present moment is where you are-always!"
    Richard Carlson, PH.D.

Sure the hard way to learn!

Bet you don't forget again! It will pass too. just very uncomfortable until it does.
    techie
    Another pirated saying:
    Half of life is if.
    When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
    Dogs Rule!

Comment

I know the stiff fingers!

I don't pre-medicate anymore. Even from the first time I took a shot, it took 4 hours before I felt anything, so the pills beforehand were "wasted". Now I take one either with the shot, or at first sign of a headache.

After almost 3 years, my symptoms are much lower than they were, but it still feels strange to give myself a shot and I don't plan much on shot day, Gym, Shopping, Rest.

Comment

Working...
      X