Switching from Power to Prefilled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching from Power to Prefilled

My doctor has recently changed me from using the powder form to the prefilled syringes. My husband no longer has to play chemist! My question is this...Has anyone else made the switch and found the prefilled easier to tolerate? While using the powder form, I almost always woke up with a headache the next morning and most of the time felt pretty achy for a few hours. With the prefilled, I don't even feel like I've had the medication. I've been on the prefilled for a bit over a month and am now in the process of finding out if the issues I've been having are MS related or not. Coincidence? I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks!

Who knows? People claim to notice a difference, usually the reverse - that they had fewer symptoms on the powdered. And I think there are preservatives in the prefilled.

But if you feel better, then why question it? I'd be willing to bet that it takes the drama out of it. That's what going from the prefilled to the pen did for me. My wife used to give me my shots and it was a whole drama for her to do it and do it right and we went through all the steps...

Now I put it beside my bed and in the morning, wake up and inject. What could be more fun? Um. Well,it's not that good, but definately better than the old way!

Comment

The opposite happened with me. I experienced some side effects when going to the prefilled. So I quickly went back to the powered form where I have no side effects.
      Just goes to show that everyone is different.
      Been taking Avonex since June 96
      For me Interferon therapy is essential in slowing MS down.
      Will continue with the weekly injections and take my disease one day at a time...

Comment

When I was on Avonex

They came out with the prefilled. Worse 3 months of Avonex ever. So I talked my dr. into prescribing the powdered form.
        Interesting to hear that the prefilled still causes problems.
        techie
        Another pirated saying:
        Half of life is if.
        When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
        Dogs Rule!

Comment

I've only used prefilled, and I feel like a truck hit me the next day, same as with Rebif. Some people are just more sensitive to the effects of some meds, but it would be interesting to see real info (not just anecdotes) about whether the form makes a difference in symptoms.

Comment

I've heard some people are sensitive to the preservatives in the prefilled. I've never had any issues with the prefilled. Everyone is different so just use whatever works best for you.
            Diagnosed: May 2012
            Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
            Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Working...
            X