Cost Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost Assistance

OK...so I have a long story, so I'll try to keep it short. My husband was diagnosed with MS in March. We are both medical professionals (I'm a RN with a specialty in Neuro ICU...irony at it's finest, I know), and have great health insurance. He was prescribed Avonex IM and after insurance our cost is still $1249 per month He applied for and received assistance through the drug company. Problem is that he only got $8400 and has only enough for one more month. They will not renew the funding for him until March of 2013.

So, obviously, we can't afford $1249 a month for his meds. Do any of you have any advice, suggestions, or know of any other assistanct out there? I'm so worried that if he doesn't take anything at all he will have a relapse. He only has 3 lesions, but they are doozies. And, I'd really like to keep it that way HELP.....

Thank you all so much.

Jenny Murray

There are other assistance programs out there. National MS Society has a page on it called Finding Lower Priced Prescription Drugs. Some of the programs include NeedyMeds, Rarediseases.org, etc.

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/liv...ugs/index.aspx

Hope this helps!
    Diagnosed: May 2012
    Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
    Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Thank you so much

Thank you so much...I will let you know what I find out. I appreciate your quick reply.

Jenny

Comment

Don't forget that Rebif is the same med, so that changing would not be that much of an issue if they have a better program.

You can also call Avonex and say you're very sorry,but you're going to have to quit. Have you discussed this with them? I think they'll take care of you if you explain.

Comment

THANK YOU

I just wanted to come back and thank you all VERY VERY much. We found out today that we have been approved thorugh an assistance fund that is grant provided. I would not have found this without the link you shared. $25 a month is a lot better than $1249

Jenny

Comment

Jenny, I'm so happy to hear the news! Thanks for sharing the update! It's always great to hear when something goes in the right direction for someone!
            Diagnosed: May 2012
            Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
            Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Working...
            X