Red spot at injection site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red spot at injection site

Twice in a row, when injecting myself in my right leg, I have had a delayed red spot show up. I notice it a day or 2 later & it's sore like a bruise. Maybe a little bigger than a quarter.

I'm not sure why or what it is really. I thought maybe it was similar to a bruise. I bruise easily & almost always bleed a little with the injections. These 2 barely bled so I considered that maybe it was a bruise deep under the skin. The first one got a little darker as time went on & is taking a long time to go away. I did the next injection in the left leg & no bruise or red spots. This past Thursday I did my right leg again & I once again have another sore red spot.

Anyone ever have this happen?
    Diagnosed: May 2012
    Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
    Plegridy - starting 12/14

Yes, sometimes, I get a small bruise when I inject. It doesn't always correspond to bleeding from the injection site. I mean sometimes I bleed and don't bruise and sometimes I bleed and bruise; and vice versa!

Just the luck of the draw. I just hit a small blood vessel. The bruises are just regular bruises and last anywhere from a few days to a week or two, depending.

Nothing to worry about IMO.

Comment

I agree. Sometimes you go through a small blood vessel deep enough it doesn't bleed on top and then you get a small bruise later. That is why I got in the habit of pressing the cotton down for a couple of minutes.
      techie

Another pirated saying:
      Half of life is if.
      When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
      Dogs Rule!

Comment

Thanks I think I was worried because they didn't look like typical bruises. They don't turn dark purple and the muscle was sore when they first show. I bruise easily but had my first blood test since starting Avonex and everything was normal (except the bruise where I got the blood drawn lol).

The first one is just now fading but I can see a very light purplish color under the skin. I think it's just a bruise deeper down than usual.
        Diagnosed: May 2012
        Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
        Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

I have experienced this, sometimes bruises are really wierd and start out red.
          "So, perhaps our task in this shaky, fast-changing, bewildering world in which we live is to make music, at first with all that we have, and then, when that is no longer possible, to make music with all that we have left." UNKN

Comment

Working...
          X