Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Long-term Aubagio Users Here

Hi All,

I switched from Avonex (September 1997 to March 2022) to Aubagio 14 mg (April 2022) one year ago this month. I slowly went from 7 mg to 14 mg, as 14 mg is the more effective dose. I love the simplicity of the daily pill, but the sx aren't the easiest (hair thinning, GI issues, bad gas, diarrhea, etc). And, I just turned age 56 in late March 2023 (dx at age 25 and tx at age 28 to present).

Although I "still look so good" my MRI is full of black holes and lesions, but MRI has been stable since mid 2000's. Since starting on Avonex, I've had a bout of ON in 2004 and left-side numbness in 2007; however, BOTH flares were during EXTREMELY stressful periods in my life. Due to MS-related fatigue and cognitive dysfunction, I retired on SSDI in 2009.

How many folks here have been on Aubagio for more than five years? As I've just celebrated my first anniversary of starting the full strength 14 mg, I wonder how many folks have stayed on Augabio for a long time (5+ years)? MS tx is for life, or at least age 65, so I've been told? I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks for sharing your Aubagio experiences!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass; it's learning to dance in the rain!

Aubagio was my first med after dx. My symptoms stayed the same while I took Aubagio and I didn't get any new lesions. The side effects were not terrible, but my hair did get thinner and I sometimes had stomach cramps and diarrhea and other GI issues. I stopped taking it after 6 years and don't take any other med. I have been stable since then but still have the same issues so it was probably not a side effect of the Aubagio.

Comment

Working...
    X