Announcement

Collapse

CHANGES AT MSWORLD - MSWORLD'S CLOSURE

We began with a mission and purpose to help others living with MS.

We were excited to get going!

And hit a few bumps along the way…

However, in all seriousness, we remain grateful for our amazing volunteers, members & all who have made MSWorld a valuable resource for all!

July 10, 2024, we celebrated the goodness of these past 28 years. With a heavy heart, we will be ending our services.

We need a financial miracle to keep going forward.

We thank all for your support.

MSWorld's website will close on October 16, 2024.

“I personally want to wish all of you the guidance to find this type of support, as so many do here. Also, my prayers and love extends beyond my understanding. It has been a pleasure to steward this journey.”

God Bless you, Kathleen

Kathleen Wilson
Founding President
❤️

we leave knowing that
we did our best and
stayed true to our mission and purpose.

Please visit our General Questions and Answers forum to read more.
See more
See less

Quarterly Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quarterly Review

Got a voicemail from my Specialty Pharmacy that my plan requires a quarterly review of my medication. Never got a message regarding a quarterly review nor have I changed plans or medications. Looks like my plan has changed requirements.
    Anyone else received a call like this? What questions do they ask? I suspect they want me to change to a generic.... (Been on Copaxone for over a decade - had increase in lesions when I went off it for a few months as I was unable to afford it a few years back.)
    Why do they need a quarterly review - once every three months??? Seems crazy to me!

Originally posted by its2much View Post
    Got a voicemail from my Specialty Pharmacy that my plan requires a quarterly review of my medication. Never got a message regarding a quarterly review nor have I changed plans or medications. Looks like my plan has changed requirements.
    Anyone else received a call like this? What questions do they ask? I suspect they want me to change to a generic.... (Been on Copaxone for over a decade - had increase in lesions when I went off it for a few months as I was unable to afford it a few years back.)
    Why do they need a quarterly review - once every three months??? Seems crazy to me!
    I'm also on Copaxone, and have been since 2008. I have not had a quarterly review. I wouldn't be happy with switching to generic. I hope that's not what will happen to you.

Please keep us up to date on what happens with this.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Here's What They Asked

1- For what disease am I taking Copaxone?

2- Have I missed any dosages the first quarter of 2019?

3- How many days of work or school have you missed the first quarter of 2019?

4- How many days have you felt sad, lacked energy during the past three months?

5- Have you been depressed during the past three months?

6- Have you taken any medications the first quarter for Lyme Disease?

I don't know what to think about the questions. They said they were checking for the effectiveness of the drug.

I tried to order a refill for my Copaxone but they wouldn't put it through. I was transferred to another department for my "Quarterly Review".....

Comment

Originally posted by its2much View Post
        I tried to order a refill for my Copaxone but they wouldn't put it through. I was transferred to another department for my "Quarterly Review".....
        After you completed your quarterly review, did they allow you to refill your copaxone?
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Yes

but I had to ask them to put it through. Can't wait for the next Quarterly Review. Still wondering what exactly they're looking for. I might ask the next time why/what they're doing these reviews.

Comment

I am always interested in the sorts of things that MSers, other than myself, experience. Your story smacks of intimidation. This is a tactic that insurance companies employ, regularly !
            I, myself, have been filling out 'continuation of disability' forms, every year for several years . And this form includes a 'physician statement' form, which must be filled out and signed by my 'attending physician' ! That form costs me $40.00 ! As if I am the very first guy in history that found himself 'cured' of MS ! And there is a question that asks 'when will I return to work' ? ! It's a kick in the shorts !

Comment

Dear its2much,
              Your story raises suspicions in me. Have you called your usual Specialty Pharmacy to be sure the "Quarterly Review" is really a requirement FROM THEM? Unsolicited calls always make me think someone somewhere is fishing for my information for their own purposes. Many of these questions could be about marketing additional medications. I don't mean to meddle, but I think we all need to be careful.

Stay lifted,
              Mermaid Susan
              "Life is short, and we have but little time to gladden the hearts of those who travel with us; so let us be swift to love, and make haste to be kind."
-Henri Amiel

Comment

Working...
              X