Ocrelizumab for PPMS ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocrelizumab for PPMS ?

Whatever happened to the clinical trial for Ocrelizumab ? There was a short almost non-existant blurb in an NMSS publication about the 'positive' results of several studies of Ocrelizumab for PPMS . Then, the information pipeline dried up. I wrote an email to Cyndi @ nmss.org, the CEO, and my emails received very little serious response! So, I guess I am spitting in the wind ! That's what it feels like when you have MS !

Jerry - read this https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/...lizumab&rank=5

According to this phase III trial, the estimated study completion date is Nov. 2017

Like all clinical studies, it takes time!!
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I found a pretty good newspaper article with an overview recently.

You can search for it from the Orange County (CA) Register from 10/08/2015:
      oc register ocrelizumab

FYI: I asked my Dr. about this at my last appt and he said my current Lemtrada treatment is the best option for me at this point.

Comment

Yes, Seasha, I know that it takes time ! I've been calling and asking and emailing and posting about this phase III trial for about a year, now! I just discovered that there is a study location very near me, in Philadelphia. Probably in the University of Pennsylvania hospital or Thomas Jefferson University hospital. Those hospitals both have MS clinics with highly respected MS clinicians. I've consulted with the top docs at both of them. i see that these trials are 'not' accepting participants ! That's funny, I didn't have a chance to apply ! Oh well, just another kick in the shorts for the sick guy!

Comment

Hey ! Where's my response ? I responded to Seasha's post and it disappeared ! It is difficult to respond or carry on a cogent conversation if my responses are deleted anonymously! Whbat's the deal?

Comment

I see a reply, maybe it just took a little time to appear. I am not sure what happened exactly
            hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
            volunteer
            MS World
            hunterd@msworld.org
            PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Thanks, hunterd. I'd like to para re-phrase your post script!
              2016 may be a great year !

Comment

we can only hope Jerry! PPMS SUCKS!
                hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
                volunteer
                MS World
                hunterd@msworld.org
                PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Hi Jerry

Here is an informative article about the Ocrelizumab study from Barcelona, which appeared in the MEDPAGE TODAY:

http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingC.../ECTRIMS/54041

According to the writer, results are "positive, but not impressive enough" (?) for PPMS.

Time will tell....we can only hope.

Take care
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

unable to access article now.......

Jerry ~

For some reason, the website Medpage Today won't allow me to access that article I referred to in my last post (which I was able to access and read a few times before).

The site is now requiring me to register and log in.

Sorry about that (if you can't access it either, without registering).
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks for your responses, KoKo ! I know that I seem angry and sarcastic, sometimes. I am only trying to elicit responses from the largest number of readers. Its similar to the stand-up comedian saying " Hello... Is this thing on? " I am still hoping to see the outcomes of the Ocrelizumab trials, before Christmas of this year !

Comment

Originally posted by JerryD View Post
                        I know that I seem angry and sarcastic, sometimes.
                        No problem, many of us can seem like that at times.

I am only trying to elicit responses from the largest number of readers. Its similar to the stand-up comedian saying " Hello... Is this thing on? "

I am still hoping to see the outcomes of the Ocrelizumab trials, before Christmas of this year !
                        I hear ya Jerry.

Comment

Thanks again, KoKo. I have emailed Cyndi@nmss.org, the CEO of the national MS society, seeking results/answers about HSCT therapy that has been ongoing for many years with very little public exposure.
                          Don't you think that any treatment that showed positive results for lessening or eliminating MSer's deficits or progression. I'm sick of being sick and fed up with the empty dreams and promises that we are being fed by the national organization and the drug companies ! So what if I make someone angry with my attitude ! No one is as angrier than I am !
                          I started posting on this board about ocrelizumab in 2014 and I haven't found any solid information, yet!

Comment

Yep!

Keep fighting the good fight, Jerry! I'm right with you on Ocrelizumab. My MS Doctor is head of Rush University's MS Clinic in Chicago and he thinks Ocrelizumab is the real deal. They aren't saying exactly how effective it is with ppms yet, but if I had ppms I'd want the chance to try it at least! Even if it only made me mildly stronger, give people a chance!

My doc seems to think early 2017 it'll be available. "Time will tell" I guess? Unfortunately, time isn't on our side...

hugs from Chicago,

lj
                            "It matters not how strait the gate,
                            How charged with punishments the scroll,
                            I am the master of my fate,
                            I am the captain of my soul." ˜William Ernest Henley

Comment

Thanks DPL2014. Yeah, this ain't a Rolling Stones song. 'Time is on my side'.. NO IT AIN'T ! But you knew that, didn't you? Still no response from Cyndi@nmss.org! I have been emailing her since December 20, my 57th birthday !

Comment

Working...
                              X