Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen, have you tried it?

Hi everyone,

I just wondered if any of you have tried, or are on baclofen? My GP prescribed it for me and I just started taking a reduced amount. She gave me 10 milligrams. I wanted to see what it did to me at a small dose as I'm not used to taking any medications other than allergy pills. So far, even at a 1/4 of the pill, it's helping somewhat. I am taking it twice a day rather than 3 times a day. This is just day two. If you have any experience with this medication and wouldn't mind sharing it, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks in advance!
    ~Saja~

I take 4 20mgs at night and it has helped me.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Originally posted by REG53 View Post
      I take 4 20mgs at night and it has helped me.
      Thanks for the reply! I'm really happy that it's helped you too. I'm happy with this medication so far. It's only day 3 for me but it's helping. Thank you again!
      ~Saja~

Comment

Back often

I was prescribed 10 mgs and to take 1 or 2 at night. Since taking it, I have had major dry mouth at night, which has caused lots of problems with my teeth.

I do see it helping with my leg spasticity...but have decreased to just 1 tablet at night, and 1 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ledybug View Post
          I was prescribed 10 mgs and to take 1 or 2 at night. Since taking it, I have had major dry mouth at night, which has caused lots of problems with my teeth.
          You may want to try a product called Biotene (check out Biotene.com) It's what dentists recommend for dry mouth and can be found OTC. It can help avoid expensive dental work caused by dry mouth.
          Kimba

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” ― Max Planck

Comment

Originally posted by ledybug View Post

I do see it helping with my leg spasticity...but have decreased to just 1 tablet at night, and 1 in the morning.

Hi Ledybug,

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorry the baclofen is giving you trouble. I hope you can find something that doesn't. This is day 4 for me and I am having a VERY hard time with feeling so doped up. I am on a really low dose but I still feel "weird" and drugged.
            ~Saja~

Comment

Thanks

Thanks KIMBA22! I will check it out!

Comment

I started out two years ago with a small dose(2.5-3 pills a day), but I have increased to 4 to 4.5 pills a day for my calves spazzing.

They work well, and the only problem I had was a problem sleeping when I took too many late.
                I now pace them through the day after I read that it was not good to take many at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjadg View Post
                  I started out two years ago with a small dose(2.5-3 pills a day), but I have increased to 4 to 4.5 pills a day for my calves spazzing.

They work well, and the only problem I had was a problem sleeping when I took too many late.
                  I now pace them through the day after I read that it was not good to take many at the same time.
                  Hi there Tomjadg! Nice to meet you and thanks for the reply.
                  I also take 2.5-3 pills a day. My pills are actually 10mg but I know my body well and decided to try 1/4 of them and the 2.5 works perfectly for me. I still have pain but it is manageable now and the small dose keeps me from feeling too drugged. I've never taken any medications before, other than Benydrl for my allergies and if I can avoid it, I will. But, I needed something so gave in and tried this. I'm glad that I did.
                  I hope that you are having a good day, and thanks again!
                  ~Saja~

Comment

Working...
                  X