Treating symptoms vs DMD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Treating symptoms vs DMD's

I have currently chosen to treat symptoms only. What are the pros and cons of DMD's? My chief complaints are awful nerve pain (can't seem to get it under control), vertigo, some visual disturbances, fatigue and cognitive issues. Please be aware my cognitive issues are fairly bad right now, the easier the explanation, the better. Thank you

I would get another opinion or 2, to evaluate your problems You haven't given any information about your MS. You have an unusual combination of symptoms.

DMD's are intended to slow progression.

Good luck...

Comment

Originally posted by amyrising View Post
      What are the pros and cons of DMD's?
      This is an excellent post/thread about DMDs: http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=129748
      1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
      NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I really don't know much about "my" MS. I was diagnosed in September and haven't really had a break since then. I have better days and bad days...with some good day here and there.

Thank you so much for that link, it was easy for me to read and informative. Because I continue to struggle with pain and some other symptoms, I am going next week to talk with my Neuro about starting a DMT.

Comment

You can, and possibly should, do both - treat the symptoms, as well as (hopefully) modify the disease progression.

Talking with your neuro sounds like a good idea.

Comment

I completely agree to what Onlyairfare is saying. It would really be nice if you get a proper treatment right from the beginning.

Comment

amyrising; You are very young and deserve every opportunity to live the best life you can live.

I would definitely consider the DMT's; at least until you have some stability of your disease. And figure all this out, you can always quit later on.

Stress with the new diagnosis recently and all your symptoms with no clear remission...I'd jump on those DMT's.

Amyrising; MS has interfered with your life enough. Unless there is something else that has 'hope' for you. DMT would be my choice, if I were you and Still treat the symptoms. fed

Comment

Working...
              X