pulse steroids/abnormal pap smear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pulse steroids/abnormal pap smear

I hope this is the correct forum for my question. I have been doing once a month solu-medrol, on and off, for the last couple years. It seems to help my secondary progesssive MS a little.

My question is, my annual pap smear came back with precancerous cells. I am going to get a LEEP procedure done.
    Should I stop the steroids? Or might the steroids help with healing. I am not sure if steroids suppress the immune system. If I have precancerous cells, I don't want to suppress it.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Sorry you're going through this right now. My advice would be to not stress out about the abnormal pap. There are many reasons why the pap may come back abnormal and many times it comes back as a false positive.

I had a pap come back abnormal 11 years ago, they did the colposcopy and everything came back normal. I've had normal paps ever since then.

I would hold off on going off the steroids until AFTER you get the results from the procedure.

I would talk to your doctor (GYN) about these concerns too though because obviously he/she is more knowledgeable!

Hope all turns out well!

Comment

The results from the biopsy shows mild dysplasia. The gyn nurse said the steroids shouldn't affect it.

"Shouldn't" concerns me, so I will call the neuro nurse tomorrow.

Comment

Good luck with the LEEP.

My pap always comes back abnormal due to HPV but the LEEPS are always normal.

Comment

Working...
        X