IVIG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IVIG

In the process of getting paperwork done to start IVIG.

Has anyone else been on this treatment and if so, how did it work for you? Is there anything I should know about how to minimize side effects or what I should expect on first day of treatment?

Thanks for your help. Hope everyone has been doing well.

I've been on IVIG treatment going on 2 years. I failed most other conventional treatments.

IVIG has been working well for me. It has kept me from progressing, and for that I am very grateful.

My only side effect is a headache. It's never a bad headache, just annoying, and can last up to 3 days.

The only downside to IVIG is the length of the infusion. For me it can take up to 4 hours. Boring! So make sure you bring plenty of things to keep you occupied (puzzles, book, tablet, ipod, etc.)

Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I have also failed most other treatments, so this is my next option.

I'm nervous about it, don't really know why other than the fact it's something new and I'm hoping and praying this one works for me.

Comment

I have been on IViG for many years. Yes I do get a slight headache from it. But a good nites rest helps with that. And some Tylenol. In a day or two after I have some good energy. IViG has helped me with my walking and less flares. I can not do the other meds. I try and sleep or watch a movie when I have my infusions. I get them at home.
        SgrammieD

Comment

Working...
        X