Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zoloft experiences (for depression)

Hi everyone

So I figured I would repost this question with the antidepressant name more know to people - Zoloft (which is the same as Lustral I understand).

As mentioned in my other post, I have been on Rebif for almost 2 years now and have been struggling with depression for, well, a lot longer than that! During the 2nd year, I felt that the MS and/or Rebif have made my depression worse so my doctor has now prescribed Zoloft 50mg (starting off with 25mg daily for 1 week) and Xanax 0.25 for 10 days.

Have any of you had any good or bad experiences with Zoloft?I am a bit worried about the side effects

Thanks a lot

I've been on Zoloft for years due to a bout with depression about 10 years ago. No bad side effects but I took mine at bedtime just in case. It was fine and started feeling depression lift in about 3 weeks or so. I'm on 50 msg also. Go for it & if it doesn't work for you, the dr. Can try something else. Hope it helps! Becky

Comment

It did wonders for my depression; it was not, however, nice on my blood sugar (I'm not diabetic). I was at 25mg and am just inordinately sensitive to SSRIs. I have quite a few friends on Zoloft who absolutely love it. It seems to work very well for many people.

There are so many meds on the market, and to a large extent, it's trial and error until you get the one that is the right fit for you. <3

Comment

I used to take Zoloft for about 10 years and am just recently starting it up again.

After trying at least ten other drugs years ago Zoloft is what worked for me. I took 100mg at night time and it was really amazing for me with no side effects.

The great thing about this drug and many others is that what may not work for you will work for me visa versa and the options are great for finding one that works for you.

Good luck.
        Tira

Comment

Working...
        X