Baclofen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen

Well I finally got to see my neuro today about the spasms in my legs and the fact my right foot appears to be arching now and turning inwards when I walk he has prescribed me baclofen 10mg to start and adjust as to how I feel it is controlling it, has anybody else had this this or been prescribed baclofen someone did tell me it can cause week weakness in the leg muscles thanks. Neil

Hi Neil,

Baclofen is one of a few symptom management medications which was FDA approved for MS in the treatment of spasticity and neuropathic pain.

It is important to increase Baclofen very slowly and decrease the same way (slow taper on and off).

Like any medication, Baclofen has side effects. Can it cause weakness? Yes. There can be a fine line between treating spasticity and needing stiffness to continue to walk.

It doesn't sound like your neuro gave you much guidance about this medication <sigh> As I said this medication needs to be slowly increased. It is most commonly prescribed to be taken 3x a day usually starting at 5mg 3x a day and increasing after at least a week.

Please consult with your neuro about the proper way to increase.

Here is some information about Baclofen:
    http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neuro...LOFEN_2007.pdf

http://www.drugs.com/baclofen.html

I have used Baclofen several different times. Baclofen has been quite helpful for me when needed.

Best wishes!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Thank you for your help I will check the prescription again to make sure it wasn't me not listening properly I hope it helps the spasticity in my legs anyway thank you

Comment

Baclofen

My doctor started me out on 1/2 of a 10mg twice a day. On the second day my legs gave out and I could have slept 18 hours. Going to wait until I really need it...at night.

Comment

Working...
        X