Solu medrol and pulled muscles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solu medrol and pulled muscles?

Has anyone experience an increase in pulled muscles after IVSM? My boyfriend has noticed that he seems to have increased muscle weakness and muscle pain, particularly in the back and shoulders, feeling like a muscle pull/tear. Could this be a side effect from steriods? He has his last infusion of a 3 day round on July 26th and is still experiencing these issues.

Maybe this will help...

Taking steroids blocks pain and gives me a euphoric high of feeling my body is normal--even though it isn't. I do things the M.D. has told me not to do. As a result, I made myself worse and pulled muscles and have more degenerative disease, as well.

Generally speaking, on the short-term, often steroids will increase pain(for a short period)-from the discomfort of the medicine on the muscles--it can even keep one awake all night. Maybe the steroids are reacting to a painful area and it can make it temporarilly, a worse pain (this doesn't happen to everyone, I have experienced it).

What to do when awake and actually having the steroidal energy....that is when we do things that make our pain worse. is he?

Feelings of a pulled muscle have more to do with 'pulling' that muscle. Not to mention, M.S. can make a muscle feel, as you describe and when the Solu-Medrol starts working, it should feel much better. never underestimate the effects of steroids on the brain, too.

I always felt like wonderwoman after my steroids, years ago. Now, I can feel why I needed to be more cautious, after having the steroids.

Ask him to limit his activity to what is normal for him, while taking steroids. If he is, it is most likely the steroids are making the painful muscle a bit 'angry' when the steroids start working on that area. It should pass. IF not, he needs to address this with his M.D.

Unfortunately, as M.S. is different for each person, often the side effects of steroids can be different in each person.

sorry to hear he is not getting the relief he deserves. fed

Comment

Working...
    X