questionabout meds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

questionabout meds?

HI I TAKE FLOMAX AND MY DOC. SAID THAT I CAN TAKE TWO AT NIGHT IS THAT NORMAL....I NEED SOME HELP PLEASE.....

I take Flomax every night before bed. I only take one pill, I don't know if they come in different dosages, but my pill is .4 mg.

The most problematic side effect from Flomax is a drop in BP. I don't experience this, but the advise you to never stand up suddenly until you become aware of how you react to it, because in standing suddenly, it can trigger a sudden drop in BP that can lead to wooziness or fainting.

I use it for retention issues (and although it's supposedly a drug for men with prostate issues), I'm a woman and it works for me.

Maybe the moderator will move this to the medication forum where you might get more responses.

Comment

Bladder problems in women isn't one of the FDA approved uses for Flomax (it called an "off label" use) but it is often prescribed for women because it works and appears to be as safe for women as it is for men. Because it isn't an approved use there isn't any "official" information about dosage for women.

Drugs.com has the official information for men and it says:
      "For those patients who fail to respond to the 0.4 mg dose after 2 to 4 weeks of dosing, the dose of Flomax capsules can be increased to 0.8 mg once daily."

Flomax comes in 0.4 mg pills so it looks like its OK to take 2 pills if only 1 doesn't work. But I think its important to remember that men are usually bigger than women so if you are on the petite side you should probably be extra careful about any side effects like wooziness.

Comment

Working...
      X