Acupuncture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acupuncture

I've seen a few posts for 2012 but nothing current on acupuncture. I use to do acupuncture many years ago for back problems. Really felt it was helpful. I'm now thinking of trying it again for my legs. Most days my legs ache and at times seem to "hurt to the bone" . Thought maybe acupuncture might help. Also, have done a few massages treatments. Has anyone had success with either treatment?

I've tried both. I don't believe acupuncture helped, but then I have no pain with my MS, so there was really no way of knowing. I also ended up with an acupuncturist who thought she could "cure" my MS. Time to move on...

I do enjoy massage therapy which I have every 4-6 weeks. With the majority of my problems related to lesions on the spine, I believe it's safe to assume the massage helps keep my back muscles loose. Right now I'm using groupons to try out various therapists to find one I really like (plus they are half price!)

I also visited a chiropractor for 3 years until the price for monthly treatments became higher than the value I think I received.

Good luck.

Comment

I've been doing acupuncture for about a year. Every week to start, then moved to twice a month after about 3 months. I started acupuncture for unremitting burning in both feet. Felt like my feet had been toasted in a campfire, and NO medication helped.

For this burning, neuropathic pain, acupuncture has worked. Acupuncturist is very helpful; he's also been doing some work related to stiffness in my ankles, which is also working.

My feet are pretty numb all the time. He has really been working to help me get some feeling back in my feet, but no luck. Acupuncture has been 100% effective for reducing the burning in my feet......which was my primary goal.

Comment

I started acupuncture about 4 or 5 months ago, I went to see if I could get some help with the pins/needles/burning/buzzing, deep pain in my legs/hips and tight ankles. What I got was relief for some fatigue! In fact, I found the acupuncture not only cut the fatigue, it supported getting me back on track to a "regular" sleep pattern. The usual treatment now is specific to the fatigue and to help reduce stress (improve relaxation)

I started once a week, then went bi weekly, and now I go about once every three weeks unless something pops up that I think my "needle ninja" might be able to support.
        “Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.”
        ~ Mark Twain . . .Or a typo on the Internet. Srsly.

Comment

acupunture

Thanks so much. I will definitely head back to the fellow I have used in the past. Also, my neuro said go for it. Keep you posted

Comment

Hi Rainbow! Sorry for the delay in posting to you. I've had acupuncture treatments for many years now for various aches, neuropathic pain, general fatigue, etc. and have nothing to say but good things about it. Sometimes, I need to go back for a 2nd or 3rd time to find relief, but well worth it! I usually find myself nodding off or going to sleep during the treatments - that's how relaxing it is for me

Hope you gain some benefit from going!
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
            X