Introduction and help :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction and help :)

My name is Danielle, I am a 28 year old female diagnosed with ms in 2010. Upon the onset of symptoms I had been having, in June 2013 a new MRI was ordered and a new lesion on my neck was discovered. My neurologist put me on a steroid infusion. The infusion was done at the end of June. At this time I am still experiencing extreme fatigue, which is keeping me from working and spacicity in my right leg, shaking (spasams) happens mostly when I drive. The pain will sometimes be so extreme it will keep me from sleeping. My neurologist pescribed me Amantadine for my fatigue. I seem to be having an "adverse" reaction to that medication. It made me feel loopy, extremely light headed and kinda dizzy. It also made me fall asleep and it is suppose to give you energy.

Any ideas on things I can do to help with the fatigue and spacicity?

Also any opinions on Tecfidera vs. Avonex?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
    Danielle.

hi, do a search on the forum for fatigue.......you will get a TON of results! same with spasticity. I use baclofen at night before bed. I use Ritalin to help with fatigue. It isn't a magic pill for me but it helps a little. Novigil (sp) was denied by my insurance. That also helps some people with fatigue. Best of luck!
    dx 2002 rebif 2002-2013 Tecfidera 2013

Comment

Hi Danielle,

Originally posted by DanielleMc View Post
      Any ideas on things I can do to help with the fatigue and spacicity?
      I use Adderall for my fatigue. It's not perfect because I am still tired all the time, but it allows me to push through and think about other things so I can be productive. Fatigue wasn't an issue for me until about 2 years after my diagnosis. At that point I woke up with the fatigue one gets during a relapse and it didn't go away. Hence the stimulant medication. I don't know about the spasticity though. You can probably do a search for threads addressing that issue.

Originally posted by DanielleMc View Post
      Also any opinions on Tecfidera vs. Avonex?
      I've never been on Avonex, but I have been on Tecfidera for 2 months. I haven't had any problems. Granted, I've had a few days where I've had to deal with the GI issues, but usually some OTC med helped with this.
      Lori
      Betaseron 2004-2009, Tysabri 2010-2011, Copaxone 2012-2013, Tecfidera 2013...

Comment

Been on Avonex. Had an allergic reaction. It seems to be a good drug for most though. The injection is no worse than the subcutaneous.

If this is you very first DMD, have you considered Copaxone?
        Katie
        "Yep, I have MS, and it does have Me!"
        "My MS is a Journey for One."
        Dx: 1999 DMDS: Avonex, Copaxone, Rebif, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
        X