Adderall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adderall

Dr. Started me on adderall for my fatigue a month ago. Unbeknown to me he only wrote prescription for 1 month so I ran out and am waiting for response and will have to have hard copy mailed to me. It was maybe 10 mg 2 x a day which I normally never took more than 1 1/2. Since I stopped taking it, my fatigue has never been so bad. Could this be a side effect of stopping adderall?

It Could be. I stopped after 2 months. My mind would get so involved in whatever I was doing, I could not pay any attention to anything else. Kind of scary to me. Yes I did feel worse and more fatigued when I stopped, however it did get better. Its a very addictive drug. Be careful. And Goodluck!
    Leave the Heat and Stress for the birds!

Comment

It is a Schedule II because of the high abuse potential so they can only write for 30 days with no refills and you need to present a hard copy to the pharmacy.

The stimulants are out of your system pretty quickly so my thought would be that its not so much a reaction to stopping but more likely your fatigue has either increased or you aren't as used to feeling it since being on Adderall.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I take Adderall as well. If I run out, I am useless. How is it working for you? I love it and have been taking it about two years.
        DX'ed 1998
        RMMS until 2012
        SPMS 2012
        Cytoxin

Comment

I've been taking adderall for ADD for a year or more - pre-diagnosis. Now I'm taking it to help with this stupid fatigue and it definitely helps. I take one 30mg tablet (not XR) before work (around noon) and it gets me through my 4 hours. (I'm on part-time for now per docs orders).

It's helped with my mood, cognition and the hit-by-a-bus fatigue feeling. I didn't take it yesterday and today after taking one I feel a whole lot better.

Good luck to you.
          No sir, I don't like it.
          Diagnosed August 30, 2013.

Comment

Working...
          X