Fatigue treatment: Antidepressant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue treatment: Antidepressant?

One of the recurring symptoms of my MS has been fatigue. Every 6 months, I start to slow down, physically & mentally. Feels like I am wearing cement shoes & have a thin layer of cement covering my brain. I have successfully treated this with a Medrol dose pack (steroids) for the past 5 1/2 years. Things have changed and the fatigue is not relenting with a dose pack. My neurologist has prescribed Zoloft 50mg increasing to 100mg over the next 2 weeks. He said he has worked with one other pt that responded very well to using this type of antidepressant.
    Has anyone else had this experience?

I wonder what your vitamin D and vitamin B-12 levels are ? They could have some affect on your fatigue and depression. They are checked by doing a blood test. Ask your PCP or neurologist. Good luck

Comment

Fatigue has been one of my worse symptoms over the years and the one and only med that has ever helped is Provigil. I'm taking the generic of Provigil now (Modafinil) and it's given me my life back. I tried Nuvigil (the newer, more-amped-up version of Provigil) but it gave me screaming migraines so I went back to Provigil.
      Wendy
      "There are signs everywhere...."
      "Life is wasted if it's not lived as an adventure."

Comment

Well, it certainly won't hurt you to give the Zoloft a chance, that's for sure. I'm on 50 mg of Zoloft, have been for years, for anxiety. I am also plagued with fatigue and perhaps it would be worse without Zoloft.

I hope ramping up to 100 mg ramps you up, let us know how you feel on it! Fatigue is such a wicked enemy common to many of us.

Comment

Working...
        X