Oral meds as first step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oral meds as first step

I'm going to have to decide here soon at my next neuro visit, on which meds to start. Has anyone here started there treatments with any of the three oral meds? (gilenya, aubagio, tecfidera). And if you have, have you had any problems with your insurance company covering these, being a first step med.

All three of the oral medications can be taken as a first line without first being on injectible therapy.

We are still learning our collective way around the oral medications, but in 5 short years they should overtake injectibles as the predominant therapy. The injectibles have been around long enough for us to know most of the short and long term effects. There are standard protocols that neurologists know and know well.

My insurance problems with Tecfidera have been resolved, but a few insurance companies may still not have all the kinks worked out. Biogen was prepared to offer me the medication for free until my insurance company got it together.

Please keep us informed of your decision, progress and especially if you have additional questions.

Comment

I just started Aubagio as the first med I've taken for MS and have had no problems with the insurance at all.

Comment

Originally posted by kshloss View Post
        I just started Aubagio as the first med I've taken for MS and have had no problems with the insurance at all.
        That's good to hear, as they seem more effective and no needles. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Working...
        X