lyrica weight gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lyrica weight gain

im on 450 mg and gain 5 pounds has any one gain weight while on lyrica?and stop or still taking it?

Weight gain is a known side effect of Lyrica and many other medicines. Everybody makes their own trade-offs so I think it doesn't really matter what choices anyone else makes. You have to decide what's important to you. Would you rather be thin and in pain or heavier but painless?

Every time I've had to make the choice between weight or happy I've always chosen to be fat and happy. I think that when your happy and out of pain so many other things fall into place. And if you have a family I believe in the saying that if mama ain't happy ain't nobody happy.

Comment

Agree with MSer

It's a trade off. Not Lyrica here but amitriptyline. Listed side effects are weight gain and type 2 diabetes. No kidding -- all I want to eat is sugar while on it.

However, I'm sleeping, urgency has improved to some extent and muscle cramps have disappeared. Sleep has been no. 1 reason to continue -- I've just had to put stratagies in place so that I recognize the sugar cravings. It's a pain -- sugar hasn't been a big deal to me in a long time.

Having said that, I was on Lyrica for a bit over a month. It DIDN'T work for me -- so I did stop it. I don't recall weight gain but I know I didn't have cravings; I would have been relieved to stop it had I been gaining weight as well.

Comment

Working...
      X