swelling/water retention - concern?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swelling/water retention - concern?

I have recently begun noticing that I am having a problem with swelling; mainly of the legs/feet and in my arms (wrists). I am not sure exactly why, but think it may be due to one of the new medications I am taking. I don't know if it is cause to notify my neuro or not.

I recently began taking Ampyra and Betaseron. I also have two different prescription NSAIDs that I take; one being new. I've had a prescription strength Ibuprofen for a long time, but I also have a prescription for Indomethicin (for migraines).

Does anyone know if these, or the combination of these, are contributing to the swelling? Of course, it is more noticeable and bothersome when I am on my feet for a long time, or when I am in a long car ride (like our two day drive to get here on vacation). Do you think it is cause for concern; enough to contact my neuro before we return or after?

NOTE: I am currently on my period this week (sorry, any guys on here). That also may contribute, of course. However, the swelling began over a week ago.

Proverbs 31 wannabe
    Isaiah 26:3,4 "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord forever: for in the Lord JEHOVAH is everlasting strength."

Drugs.com says to "Stop taking indomethacin and seek medical attention or call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects: swelling or rapid weight gain"

It sounds like you should call your neuro!

Comment

Working...
    X