Baclofen question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baclofen question....

Had my 6 months followup and they gave me a perscrip. for Baclofen (low dose) but told to increase each week if needed.

Any things I should know that I may have forgot to ask...can I take my Allegra? Tylenol/Advil when needed?

I know it's no problem while on Copaxone but I forgot to ask more basic questions since I did not know what Baclofen was.

Any thoughts are appreciated Happy Friday!
    ~nagem

Always be yourself, because the people that matter don't mind, and the ones that mind don't matter.

Hi nagem I can't answer your questions re taking baclofen with the over the counter meds you mentioned but I can tell you that the med works great for tremors. I'm hoping you have the same experience. I am on it up to three times a day but rarely take more than two a day.

I believe baclofen is some sort of muscle relaxant that works to help us (MS) patients and also Parkinson's. And stroke patients. I would be careful with taking a lot of this med (but again, ask your doctor). Since it acts like a muscle relaxant, all muscles (including the heart muscle) are affected. So be careful.....maybe call your doc about the other issues and ask him or her to clarify just how many baclofen you should raise yourself up to

Hope you have good luck with it. When I get to tremoring so bad ( my arms, neck and my voice) when I take a baclofen it really helps me. Sometimes I have to repeat in 6 hours but usually not......wishing you good luck with this......ilsa

Comment

Baclofen is an anti-spasticity med. It works good for a lot of people, it can cause drowsiness.

It is a relatively short acting drug, and as you've already found out from your doctor, it is a med that often needs to be tweaked in order to find the right dose.

The only caution is...do not stop it, if you've been on it awhile, you can't go cold turkey. It's not an addicting drug, per se, but to avoid medical problems that can arise from stopping the drug suddenly, you need to wean off of it.

Comment

Working...
      X