LDN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDN

Hi All, Anybody out there taking LDN? I would appreciate any replies that you may have! Google LDN. Lots of articles out there. Kind Regards, Keith

I moved your thread to this forum as I feel it would get more attention here.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

There is a 'sticky' note on the board that deals with LDN. I take LDN and have been taking it for about 3 years. I am on a 4.5 mg dose one time daily. It is the only prescription medicine that I take for my MS, because there is nothing for PPMS. All of the FDA approved drugs are for the treatment of RRMS.
      I would look up everything that you can find about how to get it, who prescribes it in your area and if the pharmacy is familiar with 'compounding' it. And the doctor who prescribes it must be familiar with prescribing and using the proper dosages. Good luck

Comment

Hey Jerry

I found a bunch of Dr. that will prescribe it. Do you know of any that accept insurance. From the few I spoke to there is a lot of up front money that they want and they don't accept insurance all CA$H. I have heard a lot of good things about it but as soon as I bring it up to my Neuro he stomps on it.

I'm on Tecfidera now with, Tizanidine and Ampyra. I have kinda given up on LDN mostly because of all the up front cash that they want.

What was your experience with your Dr. that prescribed it? Can you give us a cost estimate?

A lot of people have been comparing Tecfidera to a jacked up Protandim which I take and I have to tell you after getting off of Rebif and on this new med concoction I feel pretty good.

Can you also tell us where you are in your progression and how has LDN helped with the progression, attacks etc?

Thanks Jerry.

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Cash up front?

Hi - not sure what you mean by all the cash up front. I pay $13, after insurance, instead of the $35 it would cost me without insurance.

The hardest part seems to be finding someone (dr.) familiar with it and willing to prescribe it. You also need a compounding pharmacy like Jerry said.

Good luck!

Comment

I've been on LDN for over 7 years but as of tomorrow I'm switching to Tecfidera. I have had a few flares while on LDN and while I'd like to take both, my neuro wants to see how I do on the Tecidera alone.

As for insurance I just pay out of pocket for the meds since I use an out of state pharmacy (Skips in FL). I get a 90 supply for about $60.

Comment

My insurance doesn't cover the cost. It is simply not in their 'formulary'(?). I pay out of pocket sbout $120.00 for 90 pills. Or something like that. I would be happier if my insurance recognized it as a real treatment. But such is life.

Comment

Working...
              X