2nd go of ampyra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd go of ampyra

Took ampyra about 2 years ago with no improvement. My walking and balance have continued to decline even more so after yet another relapse in February so I figured "what the heck" might as well see if it does something positive this time around ya know. Has anyone taken a med then stop because of no improvement but had better results after trying it again?

Wow, grace - I'll be interested in any feedback as well. It didn't work for me either and I've give anything to be able to walk better!!!

Good luck to you! I'll be looking out for you posts, so let me know how it goes
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Prescribes Ampyra today

Funny. My neurologist prescribed it to me today. I tested positive for rebif-antibodies which means rebif may not have been working for me for months.

So I am waiting for my tecfidera to come and I also want to take LDN but I have to go t a separate Dr. for that because my Neurologist flipped out when I said I wanted it.

Little worried about side effects. Seizures and liver issues.
      What exactly happened with your first try of Ampyra?
      I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
        Wow, grace - I'll be interested in any feedback as well. It didn't work for me either and I've give anything to be able to walk better!!!

Good luck to you! I'll be looking out for you posts, so let me know how it goes
        Not getting my hopes up but who knows something might "click" this time around!lol will keep you posted!

Comment

[QUOTE=durgastiger;1408304]Funny. My neurologist prescribed it to me today. I tested positive for rebif-antibodies which means rebif may not have been working for me for months.

So I am waiting for my tecfidera to come and I also want to take LDN but I have to go t a separate Dr. for that because my Neurologist flipped out when I said I wanted it.

Little worried about side effects. Seizures and liver issues.
          What exactly happened with your first try of Ampyra?[/QUOTE

tried ldn also before with no results but nothing at all happened with the ampyra for me first go around. Lets see what happens this time

Comment

Hey Grace question???

Are you taking the 10mg?
            How many times a day?
            I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by durgastiger View Post
              Are you taking the 10mg?
              How many times a day?
              i dont quite remember but i think it was that the 10 mg 2x a day in 12 hr intervals or maybe it was 5mg 2x a day, like i said i dont remember.

Comment

Grace

I am in the same boat as you, and was thinking of trying Ampyra again.

Comment

I've been on Ampyra for 2 1/2 years, and although it hasn't been a miracle worker for me, it definitely helps. I've tried a couple times to "go without" for a few days, thinking it's not helping. However, within two days I realize Amprya definitely works. I'd be a basket case without it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjadg View Post
                    Grace

I am in the same boat as you, and was thinking of trying Ampyra again.
                    go for it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
                      I've been on Ampyra for 2 1/2 years, and although it hasn't been a miracle worker for me, it definitely helps. I've tried a couple times to "go without" for a few days, thinking it's not helping. However, within two days I realize Amprya definitely works. I'd be a basket case without it!
                      im gonna give it another try for sure!!!

Comment

2 months trial

They shipped me a 2 month trial while they work things out with my insurance.

took a pill last night and noticed my heart racing. Anyone else notice this? i think I am going to restart this Friday taking one in morning.

I hate taking meds before bed they always seem to mess with my sleep pattern, cause vivid dreams and restlessness.

I am hoping Ampyra will give me a little bust to my muscles so I can push more at the gym, aikido and hopefully on my bike now that it is nicer.

Bill Hicks

Comment

When I took my first few doses almost 3 years ago, I felt "something" that made me realize my body recognized a difference, kind of hyper. However, this feeling went away quickly, and I haven't noticed any difference since.

Comment

[QUOTE=durgastiger;1409252]They shipped me a 2 month trial while they work things out with my insurance.

took a pill last night and noticed my heart racing. Anyone else notice this? i think I am going to restart this Friday taking one in morning.

I hate taking meds before bed they always seem to mess with my sleep pattern, cause vivid dreams and restlessness.

I am hoping Ampyra will give me a little bust to my muscles so I can push more at the gym, aikido and hopefully on my bike now that it is nicer.
                            [

i always looked at them like an "upper" so i did my split 4am(the time i have to get up for work) and 4pm so that i have energy throughout the day and am on the "down slope" from that 2nd one before bed and this worked for me. so you just have to find your rhythm ya know!

Comment

Working...
                            X