Did Ampyra Make your Spasticity Worse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Ampyra Make your Spasticity Worse?

Day 15 on Ampyra. The first few days were awesome. I felt almost whole for the first time. I wasn't moving in slow motion and I felt somewhat more clearheaded.

Then the pain set in and my muscles decided to clench worse than normal. My fatigue is off the charts. I have lower back pain chronically, but it is also worse than usual now.

I know that Ampyra is supposed to make your nerves conduct signals faster and better, but couldn't that also mean that if our brains are sending bad signals we are getting them more clearly?

Like if my brain is the reason my muscles clench and tense all the time is the Amprya sending a more clear signal to clench?

thanks for listening!!!
    Melissa Goerke
    [I]DX 7/2/10, Copaxone then Avonex, started Ty 9/13/11, JCV+ ended Ty 9/13, started Gilenya 12/13 Blood Pressure skyrocketed, started Tecifdera 4/5/14 - fatigue beyond bearable and symptoms became worse. Rituximab 8/8/14.....waiting for the miracle. I WANT MY TYSABRI BACK!!!

Ampyra can make nerves conduct electricity faster and better but sometimes faster isn't better. I guess that's why the main medicine in it is used to poison pigeons and why it can cause seizures. Seizures definitely isn't better! Maybe spasticity is like a muscle seizure?

Comment

Working...
    X