Question for a male.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for a male.

Hey Guys. I was just wanting to see if anybody knew anything about the effects of the DMDs on the baby when the father is taking DMDs. I recently switched from Rebif to Tysabri. I am currently not married and have no kids. I would like to know if anybody here knows of studies about this and what the findings were.

There's almost no chance that any studies have been done on this, but that's probably because there's almost no chance it's an issue...
    1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
    NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

I am asking because when I was in high school I did a paper on the effects of different medications on the children and I spoke some about how the male did have some input there if there was something in his sperm. I did see looking on Google that they have done some research with Guinea pigs and the males were not affected on it. Just wanted to see if anybody knew of any.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkLavelle View Post
        There's almost no chance that any studies have been done on this, but that's probably because there's almost no chance it's an issue...
        And I think if the FDA doesn't require it to approve a medicine the company isn't going to spend the money to test it if they don't have to. There's so much on the Internet now that if you can't find a study by googling it then it probably wasn't done. I've found that anything really important is out there somewhere unless somebody suppresses it on purpose.

Comment

The DMDs provide a target for your immune system while also modifying your white blood cells.
          It would be like looking for causation between eating oatmeal and rain.

Comment

Working...
          X