Online pharmacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online pharmacies

Has anyone had any luck ordering modafinil or Provigil from an online pharmacy?

Do you mean with a prescription or without a prescription?

Comment

I had to laugh when our GP told us the old wives tale of the “dangers” online pharmacies, especially Indian. All our meds come from online pharmacies, and some were mfg. in India. For example, Atorvastatin (generic Lipitor) is made by Ranbaxy, a pharma in India. Our GP prescribed it! The very thing she warned us against! I got a good chuckle out of that one.

The reason Indian pharmaceuticals like Ranbaxy, Sun, or Intas can sell to American pharmacies like Walgreens, CVS, Rite Aid or anyone else, is because the FDA inspects and approves the manufacturing facilities in India.

So my GP writes a script for Atorvastatin, I send it to ExpressScripts, they source it from Ranbaxy in India and send it to me. All happens online. Then GP warns against online pharmacies, what a joke!

If you have meds with Ranbaxy, Sun, or Intas on the label, you are already getting meds from an overseas online pharmacy. Teva is based in Israel, they mfg many of their drugs there. Only American drug companies and people who don’t know any better, like our GP, want you to buy expensive drugs locally.

An FDA inspected facility in Israel or India is going to give you the same quality as an FDA inspected facility in the US. Why is it ok for Rite Aid to get Atorvastatin from India and sell it to me ( they have) but it is not ok for me to buy it online made by same manufacturer, in this case Ranbaxy?

So yes, I had a good laugh when my GP scolded me about buying meds online, which she knows I do all the time, anymore. She had me doing it years before I knew what was going on anyway, so I’m quite comfortable saving money doing it now.

Comment

Hi,

I'm currently looking bc my insurance just denied my doctors pre-authorization... etc etc... $1000 for 30 200mg pills is way out of my budget. Would love to hear others experiences.

TY, kathleen
        Nothing is Impossible.......

Dx'ed in 1988
        Founded MSWorld in 1996

Comment

If you find a legit one some aren't but you just go with people's recommendations.

Comment

Ldn

Has anyone ordered ldn online and has it worked

Comment

Reliable information about LDN can be found at the lowdosenaltrexone group on yahoo; including sources. That group has over 10,000 members; the info is rigorously monitored by having so many members.

I personally know several people who buy Naltrexone online and use it successfully. I have never known or heard of a person getting fake Naltrexone. There are at least two sites, one in Israel the other in the UK who sell low dose naltrexone, both are reputable.

But more commonly, Naltrexone is sold in strip packaging of 10 tabs, 50mg each manufactured by Sun, or Intas. The price usually varies between $2 and $5 per pill depending on the pharmacy.

IMO, it is not credible to believe that major manufacturers such as Sun or Intas whose state-of-the-art facilities are FDA approved would risk their reputation and business viability with fake meds. Both Sun and Intas produce generic meds sold world-wide. Naltrexone is so inexpensive that there is little incentive to fake it.

Naltrexone is quite soluble so often people will crush the 50 mg tab and use 50ml of distilled water to get 1mg per 1ml. There are 5ml in one teaspoon. 3mg and 4.5mg are the most common doses for MS according to the lowdosenaltrexone group at yahoo. At 3mg, one 50mg tab can make a month's worth of LDN, which by the way, is quite bitter so some mix it with juice.
              There are youtube videos demonstrating LDN;it is not difficult.

As always, be diligent and do your homework whenever you consider conventional meds, alternative meds, supplements, diet, or whatever for MS. Gather information and analyze before making a decision. At the end of the day it is your life, you get to decide. Justification is for your comfort, not others, no need to explain. But do your homework.

Also, Kat... yes you can buy modafinil and it is much less expensive than the price you mentioned. However, you should be aware that long term use may present some drawbacks. Of course the same would go for Provigil or Nuvigil, IMO. An article on the topic of modafinil safety is:
              http://www.theguardian.com/education...-the-long-term

Best to ya...PS... don't forget the LDN conference at Harper College in Chicago will be Oct 5 if you live in that area.

Comment

My bad, correcting my previous post... at 3mg per day, 50 mg would cover 16 days, not a month.

Comment

Working...
                X