X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Pharmacy has best prices?

I searched (really!) and got nothing.

Which Pharmacy do you go to?

I just did C***co for Trazadone and Provigil and the prices are better than XXXgreen's.

I have no insurance until August of 2013, so Provigil is $5xx/month from C***co.

Thanks in advance.

The large pharmacy chain stores usually have the very worst prices for the uninsured. XXXgreen's pricing is based on the insurance company contract pricing model, with the result being the uninsurd pay full retail, plus a subsidy.

Retail pricing is manipulated by discounts within insurance company contracts, it's hard to say what the 'true' retail price is for any medication.

I use a very very small 'independent' pharmacy. I saved about $70 a month from the next lowest retail price at T@rget, which was $130 a month. The full retail price was
    +$295 for the same med at most major retail pharmacy's. I pay about $1-$2 more per month at my small pharmacy than Targe' charges for a different med, but I'm not splitting hairs or my customer loyalty for that.

Google 'independent pharmacy' using your zip, expand the search area zip until you get the best price for a location that you can travel to.

Comment

Have you tried getting a prescription discount card? You can find websites all over that offer them, and you can print it directly off their website. I was skeptical at first, but when my $250 birth control wasn't covered by my insurance, I found a coupon to get it for $105 and it really worked. I just googled the specific drug name and coupons and immediately found it.
      Diagnosed 1/4/13
      Avonex 1/25/13-11/14, Gilenya 1/22/15

Comment

Not sure if it is the same in the U.S. as Canada, but in Canada, each brand or generic of a prescription drug is the same price (or so very close) all over, but the dispensing fee the pharmacy charges can vary widely.

One of our big chain pharmacies up here charges $12 dispensing fee, even if the actual prescription is $4. So you pay $16 for a $4 Rx.

In keeping with OP's not mentioning names: "COxxtco" has the lowest dispensing fees, therefore the lowest overall price.
        20+ years of sx - no dx yet - getting close!

Comment

Working...
        X