Fatigue Meds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatigue Meds

Just wondering what time you take your medication for fatigue. Do you take it early in the day before you're fatigued or do you wait for the fatigue to set in? Mist days I wake up fatigued or else I'm fatigued about an hour after being awake. Always take naps with or without meds.

I take Provigil. I take 1/2 a dose right before I leave for work because I am really foggy in the mornings.

I tend to notice fatigue setting in around 10-11am if it's going to be a bad day so I take the rest of my dose then. Other days I feel fine and don't even think about it & never take the rest.

I know a lot of these meds prevent people from sleeping if they take it too late in the day.
    Diagnosed: May 2012
    Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
    Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

I take mine right after I wake. Before fatigue sets in.
      hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
      volunteer
      MS World
      hunterd@msworld.org
      PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

I suggest you take a B complex and an extra B-12, 2000mcg or 5000mcg dose, daily. Try it for a month and then make a decision if it works for you. I have been doing this because Provigil made me feel jittery and I couldn't take that feeling. Good luck

Comment

I also take Provigil, but only when Im desparate - big day, fatigue prevalent. As JerryD says, Vit B complex is extremely important in alertness and metabolising nutrients for energy.
          Another supplement I use is Acetyl L Carnitine and Alpha Lipoic acid combined in one tablet - i think its from Source Naturelle - there is significant scientific background for this and Vit B Complex in aiding MS Fatigue
          Hope this helps :-)

Comment

Vitamin B

For those of you that take Vitamin B - are your Vitamin B levels in the normal range?

Comment

Working...
            X