Decisions, decisions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions, decisions!

My appointment to choose treatment is next week, and I still can't decide...Avonex, Rebif, Copaxone?! I really thought I had decided on Copaxone, but I have severe anxiety and am honestly so worried that I will have the heart palps and anxiety after injection. My cardiac doc has prescribed a low dose beta blocker to take shortly before injection if I choose that route, but I'm still a nervous wreck! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Any suggestions?
    Relax?

Go with your gut feeling and choose the treatment you want. If you have problems with side effects you can always switch to another treatment.

Good luck!
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
      Relax?

Go with your gut feeling and choose the treatment you want. If you have problems with side effects you can always switch to another treatment.

Good luck!
      Good advice. I don't recall reading anything indicating someone with anxiety is more prone to the Copaxone IPIR but I guess you could research that to check.

Also as I'm sure you know your anxiety itself is likely to cause you more problems than the possibility of an actual medication reaction. FWIW I have been on Copaxone for 8 years now and have never, knock on wood, had an IPIR.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

I chose Rebif for my first DMD. I never thought I could do my own injections at first. I used the Rediject for a while. I then made my self do the injections manually. As for Copaxone I do not believe I could do a daily shot. I am very thankful I am not a diabetic. Like I said I have never liked injections. Strange thing is I am a regular blood donor.

Comment

But when you give blood, someone else does the sticking
          techie
          Another pirated saying:
          Half of life is if.
          When today is bad, tomorrow is generally a better day.
          Dogs Rule!

Comment

I've been on Copaxone for 1 year and never had those crazy I-whatever reactions they talk about. Whatever med you choose will have its benefits and drawbacks but if they become too much to handle you can always switch! I will say the one big plus for Cop is the lack of flu-like side effects. I don't think anxiety will have any effect on the reaction- it's never been presented to me that way. In any case, SHared Solutions will send you a nurse for training with the shots and will resend if necessary.

Comment

Working...
            X