Starting Rituxan infusion tomorrow for MS/RA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Rituxan infusion tomorrow for MS/RA

We are hoping that rituxan will help with both my MS and RA. Was told that its a long shot with the MS and will most likely help the RA symptoms.
    I'm a bit nervous about this treatment but here that its similar to TY . Only rituxan is not as strong as ty and with few to no side effects. I'm hoping that this is true. I tend to have bad side effects with almost every med I take.

I'll let ya'll know if this help my MS any . Its effy as I'm spms . Ones got to keep hoping right?
    dx.SPMS (baclofen,gabapenin,norco)
    started tecfidera 7/10/2013
    rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)
    copaxone started 4/2012 but stopped due to bad allergic reaction
    Matt.19;26 “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

I have had awful side effects from meds, but did not have any effects from Rituxan at all. Good luck with your infusion.

Comment

The treatment took a little over 5 hours . Everything went good. I'm really tired ,weak,some swelling at the IV site. The nurse was say that the next treatment may take less than 4 hours. Going back for round 2 on the 27th. . Now back to bed. Nite all. So far I'm doing ok.
      rituxan 11/13/2012 stopped due to side effect &it didn't help me (for RA and MS)

Comment

hi wheelie girl,

sure hope the rituxan helps. i take my wife tomorrow for her 1st infusion...she's 64 years young, and 3 1/2 years ppms...here's hopin for something good.

brad in sarasota

Comment

That's wonderful bspotts1. I'm hoping that it works well for her too. Be careful with her for a week or so. I'd thought that I was doing good lol and things started hitting me late the second night. Mostly bad flu like symptoms,mild fever,scalp and skin pain,joint pain increased. I'm very weak,dizzy unfortunately am having some hair thinning. Now I was told by most people I'd talk to that Rituxan does not causes hair fall out.The other people some nurses say it may cause thinning in some people, guess I'm one of the lucky ones lol. Although my hair was thin and fine to begin with. Its a small price to pay for some relief from this disease if it helps. For myself if rituxan works any I'll stay with it but I won't put myself through this 2 more infusions for just a possibility of success. Its just to hard on my body.

Comment

Ive been on 7(8?) medications over 9 years. Rituxan is the only one that ihave ever had a clean MRI on. I feel great on it. and no side-effects
            Learn from yesterday
            Live for today
            Hope for tomorrow

Comment

wheeliegirl....thanks for the words of caution...we will indeed take it slowly and cautiously. had a bit of a hiccup though. the rituxan did not get shipped as scheduled so we are on hold for a week or two dangit...we are anxious to get started but what's a few more weeks.

jojo...glad to hear of your good results with rituxan. our neuro thinks it is one of the safer drugs out there and side effects like wheeliegirl experienced are rare. all the dmd's have a pretty scary list of side effects so ya just have to look beyond all that and hope for the best...relief please!

brad

Comment

bspotts1 Yes the waiting is awful. My only concerns now is that when it comes to getting my next 2 infusions in 6 months that the insurance won't authorize it due to cost. We had a battle with to get them to ok the infusions this time.
                I'm on day 8 after my 1st infusion and doing ok. Mostly dealing with a trigental neuralgia flare up,shoulder neck pain,blurried vision,ear ringing/pain and increased neuropathy in limbs. Basically all the normal stuff.

If you have a blender or juicier ,juicing really helps with the fatigue.
                Let us know how your wife is doing after see gets her infusion. Oh and bring food with you to have during the infusion . Waiting 4-6 hours for that IV drip to finish is a long wait.

Comment

the little lady finally got her 1st infusion on friday. all went well...had a little throat discomfort about an hour in...stopped the rituxan and added benedryl (or maybe it was something else - but it worked)...restarted the rituxan and no further problems. anxiously awaiting 2nd infusion in 2 weeks.

brad

Comment

Now that it's been 3 months how is everyone doing on Rituxan? Any new advice for someone that's going to start it this week?

Comment

I've had no relief on it . Just was in the hospital last week for a bad relapse . I'm trying B-12 next.

Comment

Working...
                      X