Leaky Gut Syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaky Gut Syndrome?

Has anyone ever heard of this? Supposedly by eliminating sensative foods and healing your gut it can put MS into remission?

I have done much reading and am very intrigued. I am on an elimination Paleo diet myself currently and its been rough!

Yes, I have read about this syndrome. I spoke to my naturopath about it and he suggested, as he does frequently, a plant-based diet. This leaky gut syndrome is covered on-line by Dr. Leo Galland.
    I have read several things on-line and in print about treating it. I hope you are in the process of correcting it. Even if you don't have this or if the medical pros don't believe in its veracity, you will benefit from helping your colon and bowels, in general. Good luck

Comment

Gut

I have had it checked out and I do have it...BAD. I remember feeling sick and remember being super sick as a child. I have this long list of ailments and antibiotics as well as a rundown of my alcoholic family history.

I am hoping this Dr. of Alternative medicine can help me. Since removing everything, antidepressants and all my vices and medicines, it has left me a mess my goodness. I even left a relationship that was toxic and abusive. It amazing how many layers I have shed. Now I am me and learning to deal with life and on this diet it is rough and lonely. I dont have much of a choice in the matter tho. It is NOT easy. I pray I reap some kind of benefit from loving myself after finally learning about it!

Thanks for the feedback. Wish me luck! I wish there were more people on this particular journey.

Comment

Wow, LammyCat, now that is taking action, good for you and more power to you.

Comment

Hi There!

LammyCat,

My name is Phil and I've been logging on MSWorld every day for the past few days.

I'm totally new to this area, diagnosed for 10 months, and feeling like you have been in all of your posts...sad, lonely, and afraid.

I have a similar story, and would like to somehow explain myself. You are not alone, and I know how frustrating some things get to be, like relationships, feelings, and being in control of this disease.

I thought that leaky gut syndrome had to do with a feeling you get in your gut. Prior to my optic neuritis, just a few months before, I felt this warm, leaking feeling to the left of my stomach. After some research, I thought it was just an effect from not having enough of a vitamin, or too much coffee. Now I think it was due to MS, and possibly this leaky gut syndrome.

Be well and take care. Hope to speak to you.

PHil
          New study on vaping
          http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23237736
          *****BEST INFO BELOW*******
          http://pharmrev.aspetjournals.org/content/58/3/389.full
          http://ripatients.org/cms/uploads/File/MS/Clark_2004_MSandCannabis.pdf

Comment

Working...
          X