Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ON diagnosis/treatment before vision loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ON diagnosis/treatment before vision loss?

It feels like I'm getting another bout of ON. I'm almost 4 weeks post partum. I've had pain when I move my eye that has become worse within the last two days, pain to touch the eye region and I've now developed a headache on the same side of the eye. This is following the same course as my last bout of ON, which was only 10 weeks ago (but in the other eye). Last time, it took about 4-5 days for my vision to go after the pain started but when it did it was very rapid.
    My question is whether you always have to have some vision loss or blurriness/fuzziness to be diagnosed as having ON? Or is pain and a history of it enough? Last time I lost vision almost entirely before I got the steroids and my sight still hasn't recovered - if I can, I'd like to avoid having to watch my good eye go before I can get treated/rely on my bad eye while caring for my newborn but of course I would want them to feel confident this is ON before getting steroids.

If you suspect ON, I vote you go straight to your ophthalmologist or neuro-ophth and get their take on it. I know that isn't precisely what you asked, but days of this sort of eye pain warrants a trip to the doctor regardless of what it ends up being.

Comment

Working...
    X