Just in case you happen to get steroid shots for back pain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just in case you happen to get steroid shots for back pain

and haven't seen this story...it's important. There's a steroid product made by a specialty pharmacy that is causing an outbreak of meningitis throughout the country. There's an incubation period, so a patient could have gotten a shot before the drug was pulled.

Hey rdmc!

I had to delete this because it links you to the Wall Street Journal, but you have to subscribe before you can read the article. Can you cut and paste the actual article and try again? Sounds important! Thanks so much.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
      I had to delete this because it links you to the Wall Street Journal, but you have to subscribe before you can read the article. Can you cut and paste the actual article and try again? Sounds important! Thanks so much.
      5. COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL: MSWorld is a public forum but is protected by copyright laws. Do not copy any part of our web content and place it on another website without requesting permission from MSWorld. Do not copy material from any other website and post it on the message board or use it in chat. Any person who disregards this rule may be subject to legal action.

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Redwings ~ still living, still learning! and just when I thought I'd had all the guidelines down pat!

Comment

I happened to see this on the news as well. Maybe this link would be more acceptable?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8931OH20121004
          Diagnosed: May 2012
          Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
          Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Originally posted by Westgrl View Post
            I happened to see this on the news as well. Maybe this link would be more acceptable?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8931OH20121004
            Thanks Westgrl!

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Hey rdmc!

Wow, sorry about that...I reas the article and I don't have a subscription to WSJ...just glad Westgrl found a link we could use.

what a nightmare...seems to be more cases than they had first imagined.

I also read an article about compounding pharmacies and the problems with them...I think some of our folks use compounding pharmacies for some of their meds. this is a worst case scenario with this med because incubation is varied and a lot of people are being affected.

Comment

I seen the story the day after I had the shot done, very scary..... tho I called the dr and it doesn't affect me. It' definantly not what you wanna wake up and see on the news

Comment

I live in Nashville, TN, where the first diagnoses of fungal meningitis popped up. My brother-in-law had epidural steroid injections, and he now has meningitis. Not a bad case, but he's in the hospital and they are trying to reverse it.

Scarey, indeed.
                  Donna K: dx RRMS 12/07. Rebif 2/08 - 3/09, Tysabri 3/09 - 7/12, ended due to JCV+. Betasaron 8/12 - present
                  Filed for SSDI 8/12. Approved 11/12
                  dx PPMS 7/13. Added Metotrexate 2.5 mgx3 to Beteseron. Stopped all meds 3/14 to quality for ibudilast clinical trial for PPMS

Comment

Working...
                  X