Botox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Botox

Has anyone had Botox to help their spasticity? My physiatrist has recommended it due to my insurance. She said they have to do that before they can justify the pump.

My question is how does it feel? Do they deaden the area first? Is it painful? My spasticity is painful enough! I am not sure I want to add more pain to it.
    RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Just saw your post... sorry!

But yes, I had had Botox injections for my spasticity.

I did that for maybe a year and a half.

The doctor does not "deaden" the area that he was injecting but it was tolerable.

The needle he used was thin enough, the uncomfortable part was that he needed to find jus the right spot on the nerve.

There is a low current running to the needle and the doctors move it around a bit to make your muscle make the biggest contraction so they know they are on the best area of the nerve for the injection.

I always had worse spasticity right after the procedure, because my legs don't like to be messed with.

Then I would have relief for a while, then it would taper off again and I would need to wait for the next time I could have the injections.

Insurance runs the show. Insurance determines how often you can have the injections and when they finally determine that the injections aren't working. Then you are "worthy" of a pump.

I have had my pump for almost three and a half years now.

But I am considering Botox in my shoulders and neck because the medicine in my pump doesn't flow that high.

Good Luck

Comment

Thank you

Thanks, I like to go into things knowing what is going to happen and that sums it up. Thank you so much

I hope you are able to get relief for your shoulders soon.
      RRMS 10/2011 Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

Comment

Working...
      X