Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance "donut hole" - medication programs

Hi all,
    I've apparently reached an insurance "donut hole," and the percentage my insurance covers is being seriously reduced. Does anyone have suggestions for saving on baclofen and gabapentin? Most programs won't touch you if you have insurance.

The National MS Society has a page specifically on Finding Lower Priced Prescription Drugs. It gives links to various programs & websites to help assist uninsured or under insured. They also offer links to drug discount programs, etc.

Don't be afraid to shop around. Not all pharmacies charge the same. I've heard of medications being drastically cheaper at places like Walmart & Target compared to places like CVS. If you call, they can give you the prices over the phone.
    Diagnosed: May 2012
    Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
    Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

prescription assistance and funding

http://www.msworld.org/forum/showthread.php?t=121313

This is the prescription assistance and funding thread msworld.org has kept in their log. Several years ago a gentleman was kind enough to post this. It is phone numbers of pharma companies, etc. The previous posts on this thread on funding also looked good. And as the previous poster stated, please call the company, and state exactly as you posted. They are able and do reduce the cost of your prescription.

Comment

Thank you everyone. Unfortunately, I'm running into the same problem over and over again. Since I have some insurance, I'm not eligable for much help... but I'll keep digging.

Comment

One of the programs I found through Needy Meds website (link was of the National MS Society's site) is a program called The Assistance Fund. They have 2 different programs & one of them is for prescription copay help.

I don't know the earning requirements to qualify but they have an application right on the website.

There was also the PPARX. You enter in the medication you take, a little info about yourself & it tells you what programs you may be eligible for.
          Diagnosed: May 2012
          Medications: Avonex - stopped 12/14
          Plegridy - starting 12/14

Comment

Shop around

Baclofen is on Wal-mart $4 list. Depending on your dose, etc
            Needymeds.com I think is another.
            Costco is an option also. You do not have to be a member! An example of savings: generic topamax $13 was $80 something at Walmart.

Comment

Working...
            X