MS Fatigue.. Help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Toomnyhats View Post
    I've used the ALA/ALC max dosage Shashi talks about for a few years with good results but ... recently added Malic Acid (800 mg 2x/day) since it is a precursor to the synthetic BG-12. (One more weapon in fighting this MonSter!)

Bonus side effect? When taken with Magnesium (which I take faithfully - 400 mg 2x/day) it fights fatigue!!!

Occurred to me after several weeks of taking this my occasional fatigue was gone - I used to "run out of gas" about every 10 days. Even when I got one of those days earlier this week I was able to "power on" to the end of the day without completely shutting down as I have in the past.

Research Malic Acid & Magnesium for more information.
    Thanks for posting this. I too "run out of gas" every ten days or so. I'll check this out.
    Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
    Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
    Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Supplements

I would like to start taking supplements of acetyl carnitine but I am having a hard time finding the 1000 - 2000 mg dosage. I am wondering what brand of supplements you would recommend. I noticed Puritan pride has this product but it is so cheap I am wondering if it is any good. My neurologist is not big on supplements and told me I only needed to take a multi-vitamin. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzette View Post
        I would like to start taking supplements of acetyl carnitine but I am having a hard time finding the 1000 - 2000 mg dosage. I am wondering what brand of supplements you would recommend. I noticed Puritan pride has this product but it is so cheap I am wondering if it is any good. My neurologist is not big on supplements and told me I only needed to take a multi-vitamin. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
        Suzette, I buy my supplements from Puritan's Pride and have been taking acetyl L-carnitine with alpha lipoic acid (you need both of those taken together for fatigue) that I've purchased from them since September 2009 with good success.

A lot of doctors aren't well versed in supplements, but they definitely have benefits. Just be aware that if you're taking any medications for thyroid problems or diabetes, you need to be cautious when taking these two supplements, as they can increase the effectiveness of the meds, which might require a dosage adjustment.

Good luck, and I hope they work for you as well as they have for me and others. (Don't forget, you need to take them every day for sometimes up to a month before you see the full results. So if you don't get relief at first, just wait, and after a month, if you still don't see results, increase your dosage to the maximum.)
        Joy is not the absence of suffering. It is the presence of God.
        Cut aspartame from my diet in 2012 and my symptoms have slowly disappeared. Interesting!
        Alpha Lipoic Acid (200 mg) + Acetyl L-carnitine (1,000 mg) = No more fatigue for me!

Comment

Working...
        X