Flare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flare

I am going through a flare and want to know what you tried besides going to the hospital for an inpatient short course...options/ideas? waiting for the doc to call back, wanting suggestions before they call...I just started back to work after three months off... and can't afford to go out now...

Is there some reason why you can't have your steroid series done outpatient? Most people have them done outpatient and many continue to work during them. I've had literally dozens and dozens of IVSM series and was hospitalized only once -- for my first treatment back in 1994.

If you absolutely have to have your steroids done inpatient (e.g., diabetic management, psychosis), then the only options are to be hospitalized or to not treat at all. Low dose steroids might not require hospitalization, but low dose steroids aren't effective for treating a true flare, either. (They do damage without actually helping.) Acthar gel can have the same side effects as IV steroids, so it may not eliminate the need for hospitalization in a person who requires hospitalization for steroid treatment.

Comment

Working...
    X