Anyone ever use Fentanyl lollipops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever use Fentanyl lollipops?

I see a pain doctor, have had a pain/spasticity pump installed and then removed, meditate, use a tens unit, tried several other pain reducing methods, currently am using fentanyl duragesic patches along with other pain meds.

Even with this, usually at least once a month I have problems with break through pain. This isn't aspirin pain-it is deep, tearing, twisting, burning, seering, ripping, gripping pain. I don't want to up the dosage on my patches or take my "as needed" meds daily. Right now I am on these meds for the break through pain, trouble is, they aren't working anymore. The doctor is wanting me to take them daily but if I do, then I have trouble with swelling, breathing and there other side effects. All my usual ms problems like urinary retention, fatigue, brain fog, and weakness all increases as the medicine dosage does.

I don't want more daily medicines, I only need something for break though pain. Has anyone tried the fentanyl lollipops? Any ideas? I don't live in a state where marijuana is legal.

My husband had Stage 3 colon cancer when found and he had to have daily radiation plus chemo by pump for 3 months before hey could operate.

The tissues were raw from the radiation after accumulation and when he had to have a BM past this area it was unbearable.

They work like magic very quickly. He could suck on one and do his business then wrap it up when comfortable.

It was hard to obtain because few pharmacies carry them, and they gave us a hard time filling the script. As you can imagine, this has become the drug of choice on the street for addicts and so they control the dispensing.

Be very careful if you have small children around your home.

Comment

Working...
    X