My goodness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness

I just got a 90 day prescription for Provigil and they want $2700 for the Provigil and 2400 for the generic? I'm just beside myself. I've lost 2 consecutive jobs so far because of fatigue...I thought this was my saving grace. Individual insurance only covers up to 3k per YEAR for prescriptions. I'm self employed.

My doctor asked me about Ritilan, I've taken it before and it actually makes me tired.

Any other ideas? I'm waiting for my neurologist to get back to me.

Have you tried Amantadine?
    For folks with MS, its taken more for a side effect it has of lowering fatigue. Its really an anti-bacterial med.

You'll need an Rx so ask your Neuro about it.
    Its also fairly cheap.

Comment

Thank you Bob. That is interesting. I have never heard of that - I will read about it tonight.

Just curious - Does Ritilin make anyone else tired?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenmore View Post
        Just curious - Does Ritilin make anyone else tired?
        I am unable to use any stimulant (A.D.D. meds, Provigil, Nuvigil). All of them, for me, creates more fatigue rather than less. This is known as a Paradoxical reaction.
        Diagnosed 1984
        “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
          I am unable to use any stimulant (A.D.D. meds, Provigil, Nuvigil). All of them, for me, creates more fatigue rather than less. This is known as a Paradoxical reaction.
          Me too, Snoopy.

Comment

Working...
          X