Reaction to the Betaseron ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaction to the Betaseron ??

I have been on Betaseron for 13 months now. I went through the usual flu-like symptoms for the first couple of weeks. Everything seemed to be going good. 6 months ago I started running a low grade temp off and on for no reason.
    For two months now I have had red painful cheeks that feel like sunburn. I have been tested twice for Lupus. Both came back negative. My doctor told me to stop my betaseron shots for a week to see if the complications went away. I did have less fever, but my cheeks were still red and hurting. My doctor told me he didn't think it was a reaction to the medicine and to start back on it at 50%

I started at 50% amd titrated back up to 100%. I have been in bed all week with a fever, red cheeks, nausea, and dizziness.
    I left a message for my nuero. The nurse called back and said he would be back into town on Monday and to not take anymore of my shots until he gets back.

Sorry for such a long post, but I was curious if anyone has experienced this problem. I have heard that people have quit medicine because it didn't work or they had an instant bad reactions. Has anyone been on a med for a while and then end up having reactions against it after usuing it a while?

Long time

i have used Beta since 2007 and I still have reactions of both lumps and flu symptoms...Not all the time but there are some weeks when it seems like every shot causes some side effect.

Comment

I've been on Beta for three years now and have had my share of shot reactions and site reactions. This doesn't sound like something Beta would do.

I guess its possible, but it just doesn't sound right.

Wish I could be more helpful.

Comment

Working...
      X