Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need help from you please<3

Hi,
    I do not have ms but my best friend does.We are from Europe,Slovenia(ex YU)
    Because my friend has problems writting and concentrate on thinking in english I am doing this for her.Sorry if my english is not good enough,I hope that you will understand me.

She is 28 year old,diagnosed 4 year ago.First she was treated with Betaseron then she got pregnant,by the way she has the most beautifull baby she stopped her treatment of course and now she has oppurtunity to be treated with tysabri.
    We are a really small country with only 2milions of residents and around 3000 people with ms.In our country she is one of the 5 people that health insurance is paying the drugs.

Because of that we don't have much opportunity to talk with someone who is treated with this drugs and to get an opinion about the drug.
    I did read all about the drug on their web site and to be sincere I am a little bit scared.
    So to get more information I am here to as you for help to expain me couple of things.
    First of all a big concern is PML...
    then I would like to know what are the most common problems after receieving the drug?
    How do you make it easier while this period?For example somebody wrote that for her works that she drinks a lot of watter so her headaches are not so bad...

These days doctors do health checks before getting her drugs.We are all scared,she was so happy after they aproved her tysabri,now she is in doubt and scared...

Every little thing,advice...that can make her life easier is welcome!

Thank you all in advance!<3

You're good to help your friend. The decision to get Tysabri is a complex one.

1) is her MS very active? Why not go back on Betaseron?

2) I don't know what people do after 5 years on Tysabri. Maybe someone here can advise, but I believe people stop after 5years and you have to have a plan because the disease can come back strong after you stop.

3) Do you have a doctor from a larger country who has more experience you can ask or who has more experience. Tysabri is powerful medecine.

You may wish to read this and she can ask her doctor. It means that when you stop Tysabri, your MS can come back stronger. It's called the "Rebound Effect" and it means you have to have a plan for when you stop.

http://www.overcomingmultiplescleros...+and+Copaxone/

Comment

I think that bigA' answer is cool. And hi, kreartiv, i have the same situation with you before and hope you everything is ok.

Comment

thank you for reply!

yes,her ms is active and she was on Betaseron after pregnancy.But her body did not respond well on this drug.

That's why her doctor recomended her Tysabri.

Comment

Has she had the JCV blood test? The results could help make her decision.

Sara

Comment

Working...
          X