meds mixups from another post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

meds mixups from another post

I was ordered the Klonopin for the HUG problem. So far it's ok. I assume it also addresses the anxiety.

But, I really do like the Xanax for quicker relief. If I don't take the Klonopin for a day or two can I still take a small piece of Xanax? Or can I take both in the same day, separated by a few hours?

You never know when some other symptom from some other syndrome will show it's head. So I might need something for my IBS or Fibro close to the same time I need the HUG meds. I'm always afraid to over medicate. I take thyroid meds first thing in the morning.. on an empty stomach and am supposed to wait 30-60 minutes to eat. In the meantime I also have to take a Omeprazole before eating. So I'm never sure how close together I can take those two.

As you all can see I'm ignorant about meds. Scared is more the right word. Someone please help me with figuring out a schedule. Thanks.

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Hi Marti:
    You already have experts you can consult about your medications: your prescribing doctor and your pharmacist. They can help you set up a medication schedule based on their knowledge of your medical history and how the medications work and interact. Other people can tell you how they take their meds, but it doesn't mean that their schedule is the right schedule for you or that they're qualified to tell you how to take yours. If you call your pharmacy and ask to speak to a pharmacist about your meds, you might get enough information within a few minutes to set up a schedule before the day is over.

Comment

I have no idea. Sounds like a question for a dr.

Comment

Working...
      X