Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does it take?

Hey,

So I decided to get off of Tysabri being JC Positive, and my doctor and I decided to go with Copaxone until BG12 comes out...

How long does it take to be contacted about starting the medication?

I'm not a very patient person lol

Thanks for any help with this one...

& if you're in Copaxone, how are you doing with it?
    I started off on Avonex when I was diagnosed late 2010... It didn't work so I went to Tysabri since I came back JC negative, but since I recently came back positive... I just didn't feel comfortable on the med anymore.

Xoxo
    Ashley Ringstaff
    Living with MS since 8/30/10

Don't you have to do a "washout" period between meds?
    Anyway, you could try contacting your health plan provider and see what's up. Sometimes the paperwork takes time.

Comment

My last infusion of Tysabri was beginning of June... And my neuro didn't say anything about havin to wash out... But I will call insurance tomorrow or neuros office, see what's going on. Thanks!
      Ashley Ringstaff

Comment

Just be careful.
        You're switching from Ty, which isn't exactly Kool-Aid.
        I'd play it safe and ask if you're supposed to do a washout.

Comment

I never figured out who was dropping the ball, but my neuro rx'd Copaxone in May (2011) and I didn't actually start until December 1!

A couple of those months were my choice (I was gonna have surgery & didn't want to have to deal with injecting in the hospital), but that was over in July...
          1st sx 11/26/09; Copaxone from 12/1/11 to 7/13/18
          NOT ALL SX ARE MS!

Comment

Speak of the Devil, they called me not too long ago from Shared Solutions. Just waiting for the copaxone and auto inject now. Everything went pretty quick!
            Ashley Ringstaff

Comment

I'm not sure there is a washout period with Copaxone, since it is not immunosupressive.

As for deliveries and such, you just have to keep on them.

Comment

Dear ringer1319 I just did my 3rd shot of copaxone tonight.. I'm very new as you can see but am handling it well.. To be honest it does sting but for me it's like when you put alcohol On a cut.. It sting but goes away, the sites are red for a bit but I put an ice pack on it ... Small lump that's a bit tender for about a day and I noticed on my legs I do get a few small welts but they don't itch and go away by the evening.. Again everyone is different but it really isn't that bad for me.. I self inject ( the auto injector scared me) hahaha I push the meds on very slowly and put pressure with the cotton ball for 30 seconds after... Good luck!!!!

Comment

Thank you for the feedback! I starte off on Avonex, so I know all about the shot ordeal... I'm sure I'll be fine with it since I used to give myself the avonex by myself... So if I can handle that I'm hoping I'll do good with the test.

As for the site reactions... I'm sure it's just an adjustment period... I've come to find out that MS is full of surprises and adjustment periods.

They said they already sent me my auto injector so I'm hoping copaxone isn't far to come! Will let you know what happens.
                  Ashley Ringstaff

Comment

Hi Ashley

I am glad Shared Solutions contacted you. I have been using Copaxone for over 14 years & it has worked well for me.

Wishing you the best,

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by BobOP View Post
                      Hi Ashley

I am glad Shared Solutions contacted you. I have been using Copaxone for over 14 years & it has worked well for me.

Wishing you the best,

Bob
                      Wow that is great to hear, thank you for sharing!

Ashley, I have been on it 7 1/2 years and feel/hope/pray it is helping. I had two flares in the six months prior to starting and none since, knock wood. I do have some mild progression but I was able to put myself through grad school while working nearly full time and now continue to work 50+ hours a week.

Fortunately I have only had mild site reactions and some lipodystrophy which make my thighs look dented although trust me even though I'm still in very good physical shape no one needs to subjected to a gander at my 47 yo legs so that isn't a problem.

Good luck with it!
                      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                      Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                      X