Per Neuro Doc. New oral drug for RRMS'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Per Neuro Doc. New oral drug for RRMS'ers

My neuro told me that a new drug was coming out in the next six months and he wants to start me on it in about a year. He says it is and oral drug specifically designed for people with RRMN. I can't remember the name but it was something like "Mbg 745" or something like that. Anybody know anything about it. Even I had an accurate name I could look it up.

Just came back from a vacation in New England. Great drug for my wife and I. Loved the cool air and dry weather. Slept at a B&B Inn with mooses, dear, chipmunks, one skunk and lots of beautiful wild flowers. Just what our relationship needed. Still in remission. Yaaay.!!!

Dave in Tampa, Florida
    "Journeyman"

Hi Dave,

Your neurologist want you to try BG-12. My neurologist wants me to try it also. She said they would be out sometime this fall or early winter. Just wanted to give you a definite name in case you want to research it any.
    hunterd/HuntOP/Dave
    volunteer
    MS World
    hunterd@msworld.org
    PPMS DX 2001

"ADAPT AND OVERCOME" - MY COUSIN

Comment

Originally posted by journeyman View Post
      My neuro told me that a new drug was coming out in the next six months and he wants to start me on it in about a year. He says it is and oral drug specifically designed for people with RRMN. I can't remember the name but it was something like "Mbg 745" or something like that. Anybody know anything about it. Even I had an accurate name I could look it up.

Just came back from a vacation in New England. Great drug for my wife and I. Loved the cool air and dry weather. Slept at a B&B Inn with mooses, dear, chipmunks, one skunk and lots of beautiful wild flowers. Just what our relationship needed. Still in remission. Yaaay.!!!

Dave in Tampa, Florida
      "Journeyman"
      Hey Dave,

Glad you had a great vacation.

Since we both see Dr. Krolczyk, I'm pretty sure it's BG12, because he mentioned it to me also when I saw him last visit.

He's encouraged by it, plus it's oral and doesn't seem to have some of the more serious side effects some of the newer meds can have.

And of course we all know that just like with meds Ty and Gilenya, some of the more serious side effects didn't come to light until they'd been on the market awhile...but I'm willing to give it a go since he's suggesting it.

Comment

BG-12, Got it. Thanks both of you.

Originally posted by rdmc View Post
        Hey Dave,

Glad you had a great vacation.

Since we both see Dr. Krolczyk, I'm pretty sure it's BG12, because he mentioned it to me also when I saw him last visit.

He's encouraged by it, plus it's oral and doesn't seem to have some of the more serious side effects some of the newer meds can have.

And of course we all know that just like with meds Ty and Gilenya, some of the more serious side effects didn't come to light until they'd been on the market awhile...but I'm willing to give it a go since he's suggesting it.
        Thanks everybody. (both of you). I've had Krolczyk for four years and I am a MS retired psych RN. He is the best I've had. I known many Doc.s in my career in both cardiac and psych. I wouldn't change him for anything. Thanks for letting me know that he's your doc. too.

Dave, Tampa, Florida
        "Journeyman"
        Weather: 91 deg. and 57% hum.
        Status: four years since dx after twenty years of symptoms. Five months into what is usually a six month remission. Despite all I know I still get fearful and anxious of my relapses. My loving wife is my caretaker, best friend and weather vane. She usually spots my symptomatic storms before I do.

Comment

Working...
        X