Nuvigil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nuvigil question

I've been diagnosed with sleep apnea so now my insurance covers Nuvigil and I can take it for my MS fatigue . I have a question for those who take this. Do you find it better to take it every day for it to stay in your system ? Or is it more effective for you if you take it only as needed.

I ask because I've heard people use it both ways. I also hear that it can start being less effective the longer you use it. Trying to figure out what my best option is. As it stands, it's prescribed for every day. Thanks!

Nuvigil

My prescription is to take it daily and that's what I do (take it in the morning). It has really changed my day.

Comment

It works even if you take it once in a while.

Comment

My neuro and I have discussed how to take the Nuvigil a couple of times. He prescribed it once a day, but told me to take it for five days in a a row and then skip a day or two if possible.

I found that taking 1/2 of the pill when needed works better for me. The doc is all for it ... just take either 1/2 or a full pill on days that I'm going to need some extra help.

I need some help on some days, but taking the whole dosage every day had me flying like a kite in a windstorm.

Comment

Working...
        X